By now you’ve habituated yourself to maintain a pretty clean diet consisting of natural whole foods (of course without the scheduled once a week cheat meal), but have found the need to take additional steps to improve the health content of your meals to meet your overall health goals. But where do you start? Here are some effortless ways to improve the overall health content of your meals in less time than it takes you to devour that cheat meal:
1. Add liquid fish oil to your meals.
· Omega-3’s, which are found in fish oil, are essential to our bodies in order to provide optimal overall health. You may be asking why you can’t simply take a fish oil pill and call it a day, since most people are concerned with the fishy taste of fish oil formulas. Companies have come along ways in recent years producing liquid oil that feature delicious flavors like cherry, apple or lemon. If that wasn’t enough to convince you, it has been proven that the rate of absorption and the strength of the fish oil is increased when in the liquid format. Why make your body exert extra effort to get the benefits of fish oil when it doesn’t have to?
2. Cook with coconut oil.
· Substitute coconut oil when using any type of oil or butter, as it has been known to have various health benefits including weight loss, balancing hormones, improving digestion, bone health as well as strengthening the immune system.
3. Drink a liquid probiotic.
· Kefir is a new liquid probiotic that has become increasingly popular in today’s health food market. It is a fermented drink that is usually made using cow or goat milk that is extremely high in probiotics. Probiotics have been known to be valuable for aiding in digestion and overall gut health. Some research indicates that the benefits of drinking kefir are more powerful than just sticking to your plain old regular yogurt.
4. Add Vege Greens to your smoothie.
· Becoming my newfound savior, this product is not only great for people who find it hard to reach the recommended serving of vegetables a day, but it also has many added nutrients making it the ultimate super food. And no, it does not taste like you are drinking a bowls of vegetables if that is what you are thinking. Mixed in with the right ingredients including mixed berries, yogurt, protein powder and chia seeds, you can’t even tell that this smoothie is full of veggie goodness!
By adding these simple changes to your already very healthy diet, I guarantee you will not only see results, but also feel more energised and ready to take on the world! If you have any other ways to improve the health content of your diet that I did not mention in this article, feel free to comment below and share it with all the fellow health junkies.